Another Sugden brother who began his professional fight career as a kickboxer, Regis has been training since the age of seven and is now a rising star in the world of MMA.
A Black Belt since he was 12-years old, his amateur record stood at 126 fights, with 120 wins and just 6 losses. During this time, he won numerous Gold Medals and Championships, with some of the most notable being
- EFK U21 K1 Rules World Champion
- ISKA K1 Rules British Champion
- EFK U18 FC Rules World Champion
- EFK U18 FC Rules European Champion
- WKA & EFK British FC Champion
- IMGC & WFK World Champion
- WKA World Championships 2009
Before he made the switch to MMA, his record as a professional kickboxer stood at 10 fights, with 9 wins (4 by KO/TK0) and 1 loss.
He signed with BAMMA in October 2014 and two months later made an explosive debut in the cage on BAMMA 17 , when he defeated Paul Bentley by TKO in the second round of the contest. Other highlights of his MMA career include
- BAMMA 18, Wolverhampton (21 February 2015) vs Manuel Bilic – Submission (Leg Triangle) Round One
- BAMMA 20, Birmingham (25 April 2015) vs Ant Phillips – TKO Round One
- TFC#4, Manchester (12 May 2017) vs Arturo Chavez – unanimous decision win
For full details of his amateur record, along with details of his career as a pro kickboxer and pro Mixed Martial Artist, visit his Fighter Profile and check out his personal website for all the latest information about ‘The First’…
Regis continues to pursue his career in the cage but is also putting his experience and skills to good use as a coach and personal trainer at Suggy’s Gym.
He has been teaching and coaching since 2013, running MMA courses and kickboxing classes for both Juniors and Seniors and is
- A qualified Olympic lifting coach
- A qualified strength and conditioning coach
- A specialist working inside schools with children with autism, Aspergers and ADHD
- MAPA trained
- DBS checked
For a FREE consultation and/or to book personal training sessions with Regis, call or text 07453 974588 or contact him by email on email@example.com